- To implement a new fit-for-purpose and greener printer and copier fleet
- To reduce print waste and total cost of ownership
- To improve the whole Managed Print Services (MPS) experience
Kalzip had a mixed printer fleet of 35 multi-branded devices. The key issues and areas of concern mainly centred on reliability of the old devices, minimal account management, wastage through uncollected printouts and a desire to be greener. There were also concerns that there was little accountability for the costs of operating and maintaining the print and copy fleet.
The MPS Team installed Xerox Device Agent (XDA) to complete a 20-day print audit. We monitored print volumes, usage and asset-management information to quantify Kalzip’s true printing costs and identify key areas for improvement.
The audit revealed that not all 35 devices were being used effectively and efficiently. We suggested that Kalzip consolidate and replace them all with 16 new, more reliable and energy-efficient devices.
To improve the overall MPS experience, Kalzip asked The MPS Team to proactively manage the whole MPS process on their behalf.
Cost management and control
- The MPS Team delivered against the company’s key goals, achieved 33% savings against current costs and reduced administrative time
- Kalzip chose to use Xerox Finance to lease its new Xerox devices. This tailored leasing and financing service allowed the firm to manage cashflow and reduce capital expenditure
Productivity and availability
- The new devices eliminated significant downtime caused by technical issues of worn-out old devices.
- The ongoing automated management of the printer fleet, such as replenishing consumables and service callouts, allows Kalzip’s staff to carry out their day-to-day activities
- The new Xerox fleet included eleven environmentally friendly ColorQube devices which use Solid Ink technology. This produces stunning colour print quality and less waste because of its cartridge-free design and minimal packaging
- Double-sided printing was introduced as a standard print setting reducing paper usage
Security and compliance
- Secure pull print was installed on the devices meaning users are required to input personal PIN codes to release their print jobs. In addition to reducing waste from uncollected print outs, this process boosts security and compliance — no ‘print and sprint’ when printing sensitive or confidential information
“The MPS Team approach was very straightforward and transparent. Their audit process allowed us to fully understand our organisational situation and what our people needed. They did more than just focus on volume and costs and this approach ensured we could design the future state together, whilst being greener. The MPS Team truly understood our business and what we needed. Not only was the install process superb but the management of the exit from our existing contract supplier was hassle-free and smooth. They have more than delivered against all their promises”
IT Manager at Kalzip